Seaside Reef State Park, Cardiff, CA
The following surfing format is based on a 50 competitor field, 1 day event:
- Heats will consist of 5 competitor’s in each heat (10 heats).
- Heat duration: Round one 20 minutes, Round two 20 minutes.
- Everyone will get to surf twice (Round 1 & 2).
- Competitor's best two waves in either round will be added together for their overall score and event placing.
- Individual competitor’s with the highest top 5 scores will advance to the final round to determine the top 5 placing.
- Final round points will start with the competitor’s highest wave score from either Round 1 or 2. Competitor's best two wave scores in the final round will be added for the event placing 1st through 5th.
- ASP interference rules will be in effect, (Interference penalty- one of the top two waves will be cut in half).
- Judging Criteria is based on ASP shortboard maneuvers - "A surfer must perform radical controlled maneuvers in the critical section of the wave with speed, power and flow to maximize scoring potential. Also, innovated/progressive maneuvers as well as variety of repertoire will be taken into account. The surfer who executes this criteria with the maximum degree of difficulty and commitment shall be awarded with the higher scores.
- Competitor's may use any surfboard length they desire, although judging criteria is judged on shortboard maneuvers.
We have a 5 day waiting period to maximize the best opportunity for waves, although the final call will be made by a few days before to prepare for the event.
A competitor's meeting will always take place prior to the event to answer any questions or concerns before the first heat.